(72) 332 Main Street

332 Main"The next two-story brick housed the Masonic Lodge on the 2nd floor until 1925. Manteuffel shoe store was on the first floor and a residence in the rear. A gift shop and a loan office were there, and now the Hoosier Coffee Shop is here."

Images (links open in a new window):
♦ The interior of the Manteuffel shoe store circa 1914; its exterior, in the background of a 1915 parade scene.
♦ An article from the February 29, 1872 issue of the Crown Point Register mentions the dedication of Hobart's "new" Masonic Hall; was this building already standing in 1872?

No comments: