(31) 426 Center Street

426 Center"The first Trinity Lutheran Church was built here about 1876. A parsonage was added and when the new church was built on Main Street the buildings were used for a Lutheran Day School. The Unitarian Church bought the property when a new school was built on Linda Street. Later the Wooddale Baptist church owned the property, building a Sunday School building. Today, Denny's Radio & T.V. (426 Center St.) is in the church building, Rose Lee's Beauty Shop (426½ Center St.), Creative Interiors and March of Dimes office are in the Sunday School building."

Images (links open in a new window):
♦ The original church and parsonage in an undated photo from a booklet printed to commemorate the church's 75th anniversary.
♦ A then-and-now post showing the first Trinity Lutheran Church building, at a time when it was probably serving as a school.
♦ An undated photo showing the Trinity Lutheran school's students and teachers posing in front of the original church building.

No comments: