(2) 654 E. Fourth Street

654 E Fourth"The First United Methodist Church congregation built a small brick church here in 1871. It was replaced in 1914 and many additions have since been made."

Images (links open in a new window):
♦ The original church building (and parsonage) circa 1910 in a then-and-now view; and another circa-1910 view, from a different angle.
♦ The present church building, circa 1918, 1920, undated but probably circa 1920s, 1927-28 (those are the "Student Cops"), 1929 and 1945.
♦ Inside the present church building in the 1930s (and handwritten notes from the back of the photo identifying its subjects).
♦ The north side of the original parsonage circa 1918.

No comments: