(13) 600 E. Third Street (northeast corner of Third and Center Streets)

600 E Third"First a frame building was on this corner and housed an inn. A two-story brick replaced it as a hotel and tavern. It became a restaurant (the Green Café) and later a saloon before it was razed and brick store buildings built by Dr. A.G. Miller. Downstairs once was a bowling lanes, then an antique store, sport store and now a locksmith is here."

Images (links open in a new window):
Several views of the two-story brick building (no longer standing) that then housed the Amazon restaurant.
Another view of the two-story building, undated (perhaps mid-1920s?).
♦ The demolition of the two-story building, January 14, 1951 (per the handwritten notes on the back of the original).
♦ A 1957 street scene showing Hobart Shoes in the present one-story building; the front of Hobart Shoes in 1964.

No comments: